Social Justice Campaign
I read a book titled “ancient secret of the flower of life” and it touched me positively, so I decided to create a series of two paintings where I tried to express my knowledge about consciousness and awakening of the third eye. In this series, I used purely indigo shades (purely purple and deep blue) which depict awareness, royalty, wealth, spiritual awakening, and power. I also used sacred geometric shapes to depict certain consciousness messages as a black man.
The Hamlord Series.
The Ham-lord series is a 30 original acrylic on canvas painting pieces expressing black excellence and the beauty of the Nok civilization of west Africa. My vision is to translate the Ham-lord series into books, comics, movies, animations, NFT collections, and other forms of art to help preserve and continue this culture by telling my own version of the stories and also remind the world about the wealth and richness of this culture and heritage.
Jesse Joshua Goje also known as Jesse Josh is a multidisciplinary artist who was born on the 6th of March 1989 in Kaduna state Nigeria. He is a graduate of Kaduna state university with a BSC in mass communication and a native of Ham from Kaduna south. Jesse Josh fell in love with art at the age of 8 and his initial art expressions were achieved through the use of pencils and white A4 papers with the approval and support of family members. As he grew more passionate about his art, he started trying his hands at different materials such as poster colors, watercolors, and pastels as a teenager. And fell deeply in love with the expressions that came from exploring these materials. This built energy within him that drove him into exploring ways to express his art.
- 2017- Next level USA hip hop residency project alumni (certified). Abuja, Nigeria
- 2017- Kaduna state Government house flowerpots mural installation. Kaduna, Nigeria
- 2018 – 2019- Mural installations for Icreate Africa skills fest. Kaduna & Lagos, Nigeria
- 2019- Design and name featured on Orijin limited edition bottle for Diageo Guinness. Lagos, Nigeria
- 2019 – 2020- CGMC Trained/empowered over 40 youths (male/female). Kaduna, Nigeria
- 2019 – 2020- Exhibited twice at the Abuja art week. Abuja, Nigeria
- 2019- Published on daily trust National newspaper. Abuja, Nigeria
- 2019 – 2021- Featured on NTA international broadcast. Abuja, Nigeria
- 2019- Exhibited at Abuja open house. Abuja, Nigeria
- 2020- Striding man commissioned design for Johnny Walker. Lagos, Nigeria
- 2019-2021-Hamlord series of thirty (acrylic on canvas) paintings (Kaduna)
- 2021- Ahmed Musa victory mural commission. Kaduna, Nigeria
- 2021- Full mural branding of Murtala square (stadium) for KDSG
- 2021- Full mural branding of Kawo bridge for KDSG (Kaduna).
- 2021- Full mural branding of Leventis underpass for KDSG (Kaduna).
- 2021- Full mural branding of NEPA roundabout for KDSG (Kaduna).
Expressing art through paintings has always excited Jesse and made him more inquisitive about art and hopes to keep advancing his art skills. And also help in empowering a lot of youths across the world through several art projects. Jesse Josh is also popularly known for his unique ‘afro-urban art fusion’ style of painting and the Hamlord series. He started practicing art professionally in 2017. And he has been inspired by great artists like Garibaldi, Banksy, Laolu Senbanjo, Mike Dargas, Graffiti kings, and the likes. He is a full-time practicing visual artist.
Leave a Reply